Summer 2018 is the time for FUN in College Park, GA!!!
Orchard is hosting a
Special Needs Summer Camp 2018
Brain-Based and Creative & Performing Arts Program
Orchard has always specialized in unique ways to promote learning of all children! Summer 2018, we are ready to bring an emergent curriculum that combines social, emotional, and academic learning with a brain-based creative & performing arts program. Your child will benefit from music, movement, puppetry, and dramatic reading … in a warm and nurturing environment.
The program will open to children in pre-K to 5th grade who are potty trained and able to walk independently. We will offer meals and snacks … If your child has a specialized diet, we ask that you send food and drink.
CLICK HERE to REGISTER at Survey Monkey!
Here are the details of the upcoming full summer 2018 camp:
- Open House & Final In-Person Registration: Friday May 25th from 2-6PM
- Dates of Summer Camp 2018: May 29th to August 3rd
- Location of Summer Camp: Kinder Kollege Christian School at 2725 Charlestown Dr in College Park, GA
- Daily Schedule: Earliest drop-off is 7PM … latest pick-up is 6PM
- Registration Fees: $65
- Tuition: $130 per week (for Special Needs Brain-Based Creative & Performing Arts Camp)
- Where to Register: Online, by phone, or in-person at Kinder Kollege Christian School (see Open House)
FINAL FLYER 2018 Summer Camp College Park
Program creator and director, Darleen Claire Wodzenski, is a certified special education teacher and clinical mental health counselor who specializes in brain-based strategies to promote learning and development of all children.
Over the course of this full summer program, children will learn social, emotional, and behavioral skills. Developmental support will be provided to students based upon their individual need. Examples of specialized developmental support include:
- Socialization Training
- Self-Calming & Self-Regulation
- Mindfulness, Attention & Focus
- Emotional Self-Awareness
Do you know a teacher in the College Park, GA area who would like to work with us for the summer? Are you a passionate child care professional or para-professional who would love being part of this awesome learning experience? If so, please contact us today at (770) 686-0894.
PLUS … Embedded in this summer program is a Leadership & STEM Academy for passionate and responsible students who want to learn and share more about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math … and/or who want to further develop their Leadership skills.
The Leadership Academy will help students develop individual mastery while they explore the various ways they can positively impact their world through:
- Being a great role model
- Using powerful communication techniques like Motivational Interviewing
- Exploring new concepts like Positive Peace and Synergy
- Use the imagination to develop new possibilities to achieve goals
- Leverage internal creative capacities of individuals and groups with techniques like Appreciative Inquiry
The summer Leadership & STEM Academy will deliver a high quality Leadership curriculum while offering students the opportunity to be leaders in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Leadership & STEM Ambassadors will demonstrate exciting STEM projects and activities, encouraging interest and excitement in academic learning across the STEM domains. Some of the benefits of the Leadership & STEM Ambassadorship include:
- Personal growth and development
- Making new connections with other inspired students
- Exploring robotics, chemistry, engineering, and mathematical concepts in Every Day Life!
- Performing exciting experiments and demonstrations
- Personal satisfaction from helping other students become familiar with STEM
- Build a strong application for College and Scholarship opportunities
Students in Middle and High School are invited to apply to the Leadership & STEM Academy. The hours will match those of the Special Needs Brain-Based Creative & Performing Arts Camp. The Leadership & Stem Ambassadors will receive training, support, and inspiration during lunch, recess, and nap time; the Ambassadors will then bring their exciting projects and emerging leadership skills to bear in the classroom, promoting learning and socialization among all the camp participants.
Tuition for the Leadership & STEM Academy is $115 per week with a $65 registration fee. Some partial and full scholarships may be requested for families with a need (for the Leadership & STEM Academy only).