Counseling support for children and families that
focuses on what is most important:
- Behavior & Safety
- Relationships & Connections with Family & Others
- Friendship & Citizenship (being a good student & classmate)
- Impulse Control & Self-Regulation
- Working Through Upset, Anxiety, Trauma
- Learning, Memory, Thinking, Awareness
- Academic Performance (Test Taking, Behavior, Following Rules, Paying Attention)
- IEP (Individual Education Plan) & Section 504 Plan – Special Ed Advocacy
- Developmental Capacities –
- Moral & Ethical
Counseling services are provided by Darleen Claire Wodzenski, MS ESE, MA CMHC, QPPE, PhD Candidate who is a Masters level Clinical Mental Health Counselor and Certified Exceptional Student Educator.
Ms. Wodzenski is currently completing her PhD in Psychology with a focus on a Psychoneuroeducational approach for complex Emotional, Mental Health, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
Clinical supervision for all services is provided by Jeff Emery Miller, LPC, CPCS.
Our approach involves identifying the underlying causes of mental health disorder … and teaching the skills and supporting the developmental capacities that allow children to recover, grow, and thrive.
Fees for counseling, intervention and advocacy services are $150 per hour.
Some clients may qualify for a sliding scale rate between $80 and $150.
Services are available around the Metropolitan Atlanta area including
Some of the diagnoses children may have include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorder
- Attachment Disorder (RAD & DSED)
- Dissociative Disorder
- OCD – Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- ODD – Obsessive Defiant Disorder
- ADD & ADHD
- Complex Trauma
- Developmental Trauma Disorder (DTD)
- Intellectual Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Services include a menu of evidence-based intervention and treatment strategies including:
- Therapeutic Play Strategies
- Psychotherapy & Talk Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Supportive Therapy
- NLP – Neurolinguistic Programming
- Brain Based Strategies
- Neurofeedback & Brain Training
- Metacognition & Awareness Training
- Educational Intervention & Support
- Behavioral Intervention & Support